zondag 31 augustus 2008



Summertime for a little longer!

This week has been filled with preparing for a new year at the university. I was a little troubled when I found my university student card posted to me saying that I was signed in as a bachelor student. Ieeeeeeeeks after a few visits at the student office it turned out nothing had gone wrong and a new card was on its way. It is very exciting to start with my master of Philosophy of Law. It will include los of writing but that should not be a big problem!


 

The Kung Fu school also had opened its doors again so it was time for some serious training; we have practiced most days but in a much more relaxed tempo. It was great seeing everybody again and train. The school feels like a second (or first?)Home and not being there for 2 weeks was weird but we were lucky to have found a great spot in the park.

Then there was the attempt to tidy up my room in which I miserably failed. I did selected stuff to throw out but came to the conclusion much more needs to go. I have enough books to start a small library and enough paintings to open up a museum. Upcoming Wednesday the exhibition at the chiropractor's office will start. I am excited to see the reactions and hope that people like my work. Last time they did so it should be okay. This work is much better I think. I am still finishing of the last painting.


 

Leiden is such a great summer town.
Last Friday there were the Rapenburg (one of the most beautiful canals here) concerts. There was a huge floating stage anchored in the middle of the canal and little boats in front of it. The streets around it were packed with people and for a good reason. My friend and I went to see Candy Dulfer who made the whole place swing. It was the first time to see her life and she was just fantastic it impossible to stand still! The previous night had been quite a late one as we had a going away drink with a friend from Kung Fu who has now left to Ghana to work there. It was sad to see her go but I know she is going to have an exciting time. We will miss her a lot, as she was slightly crazy in a very good way and great to train with and not to forget extremely funny. But friends are not gone when they are out of sight.

Today is supposed to be the last summer like day of the year and it might be the last change to go for swim in Dutch waters.

Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors