donderdag 4 september 2008

They are so beautiful!


The past days i have been busy preparing my paintings for the little exhibition. For a change I decided to be slightly more commercial and make name cards and a small promotion booklet with an introduction of myself and pictures of some of my paintings. Who knows what happens. My domain name for a future website is also registered. So it is all very exciting. Yesterday was crazy after I spent half the night putting a somehow representative booklet together, there were some last things to change on the paintings and ofcourse sign them. Then I ran off to have the booklet bound so it would look more professional and rushed back to varnish the most recent painting. One of my friends was so nice to offer to pick me up as it would have been rather difficult to transport the pretty big paintings otherwise. The space was just perfect for two big paintings and the reaction was very positive the reception lady at the chiropractors office said that they where so so beautiful. now when I think of it , it is funny my friend saw the bench where you lie on when your bones are put in their right position again, he said it looked like a torture device from the middle ages… so now before people go in they can comfort themselves with the loving, compassionate expression of my GuanYin inspired paintings. I had one of the paintings above my bed and always when looking at her it makes you feel peaceful as if she is watching over you. This might sound strange as I made the painting but it is as if there is more to it. It is not only paint on canvas. It is weird not to see them for a while I got very attached to the paintings but it is great that other people can now see them and enjoy. I forgot my camera so it is just a snapshot from my mobile.


 

Now it is back to the books, tomorrow I am expected to hand in a very intelligent paper about the essence of the Rule of Law so some serieus study lies ahead. Have a great day everybody !

Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors