maandag 4 augustus 2008

Eternal Love, forest party decoration and a Wild Sea





 

Today is my last day here back to cheese country tomorrow, so even while it was rather cloudy and my grandmother had a seriously nasty temper tantrum, we just had to escape for a bit to listen to the rustling of the wind and freeze our butts off in a not so warm sea. It is such a nice feeling to roll down hill with your bike, a strong wind in your face and a nice smell of forest and sauna in your nose. It was extremely cloudy but it didn't matter. We made it to the 15:00 O'clock sauna which we had all to ourselves, it was stormy almost but we weren't going to miss out on the I- am- almost- having- a- heart attack- but- am- loving- it- feeling that you get when you go from 80+c to a 18c. The sea was wild and the waves were big but it felt great. And then you run back to warm up in the sauna again. There is nothing that revives your system better than that. If you do not feel alive then something is seriously wrong.

Then we set of to have a last look at Kuuva Nokka probably my favorite place here in Ruissalo. There was one path that we hadn't explored yet so now was the time. The forest floor looked as if there had been a party the previous night, as if someone had sprinkled yellow confetti everywhere. Birch leaves turn into the liveliest bright yellow in autumn and the ground was just covered in them! We had a look at the sea and a walk on the rocks. They are covered in brightly colored green and yellow mosses and have stylish patterns on them. It is not hard to see where all that famous Finnish design comes from!
The place was deserted but beautiful, the sea was almost green, there were dark
heavy clouds and the wind was making the leaves dance. Normally the sea is friendly and tranquil but not today. I will miss this place. Then we saw these 2 or should I say united trees. Never ever have I seen two trees embracing each other.

They looked like to old lovers that were forever entwined with each other (I told you I have romantic tendencies sometimes). Embracing each other and joined at the hip as it can be.

To soon it was 17:00 o'clock and we went for another sauna (such luxury) our friends were there to (the nice lady with the pictures) and we had a good time chatting and enjoying the sauna. It was hard to leave the water knowing that tomorrow I would be in a plane back to Cheese country. The thing that makes it better is that trainingcamp will start shortly and I have exciting things to do as choosing a master. The water felt so cold that it felt like it was biting you instead of softly caressing you. Stingingly cold but it felt so good. I had to get out because it was almost Sauna time for the men. We had some coffee and pulla with our friends and said goodbye. I made my first blueberry pie today and Korvapuisti they are delicious. No more munchies for me when I get home. I totally understand why everybody is so fat here.


Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors