zondag 3 augustus 2008

An Early autumn and a late bird




After almost 3 weeks of warm sunshine and hardly any rain, the tropical temperatures of almost 30c everyday are over. On Solar Eclipse Friday it was perfect with not a cloud in the sky for most of the day. I am embarrassed to say I missed the eclipse but I guess I have to watch it in China then in 2009! Yesterday we went once more for a raspberry hunt. When I was just stretching out to pick a few more I heard loud screaming bird noises. There was a nest of what I think were blackbirds in the raspberry bush. Their eyes were still closed and they clearly were just out of the egg. Quite late I think so in the end of the summer. After a quick snapshot I let them be and saw the mother bird going back to the nest. This was the first time I say such tiny birds from so close! Because it has not rained at all, the once good nesting place was not so good anymore all the surrounding vegetation had disappeared and the raspberry bush had shrunk. But still it was hard to spot the nest. When we left it started to rain softly, but not enough for a thirsty forest. Now just after breakfast the sky is clouded up and there is cold breeze, some trees are turning yellow already, it is an early autumn this year. Let's hope it will rain so the forest can turn green again!



We did manage to pick some rasberries and blueberries

Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors