maandag 11 augustus 2008

Kung Fu, and an art exhibition



The passed days have been packed with Kung Fu classes and great fun. After the relatively chilled out time in Finland I had to pay the price with some serious muscle ache but that was my own fault. We did things varying from Broadsword, spear vs broadsword, the tiger part of the tiger- leopard form and even training in the Art of War which was battlefield practice.

There were so many lessons going on at the same time that it was hard to pick one. For everybody who now is slightly confused since some time I have been practicing Choy li Fut and TaiChi and Bagua for a short while. This passion brought me to Beijing last year and made me eagerly return this year. There is so much to learn and to discover! Apart from that I paint, and just had a phonecall from the chiropractor practice if I would like to exhibit some work again. So that is good news. I always wanted to become a painter and spent some time in art school but found it very difficult to get a foot between the door in the art world.
I love to paint more then to lobby. Because of my trips to Asia and my Finnish roots these are the things you can find back in my paintings.

I love nature and bright vibrant colours, my work is figurative with some more abstract elements occasionally. I use all sorts of materials. But love oil colours and watercolours, the way I use watercolours isn't the traditional way but I will show you some examples of my work. Don't be shy top let me know what you think!

Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors