donderdag 29 januari 2009

oeeeeeeps

Sunday evening i was checking the website of the university to make sure of the time and place of the major exam i thought I had on Monday. Yes exactely as I thought at 1p.m. at the sportscentre! I studied till the early morning organised myself made some Ginseng tea with Goiji berries to make my brain work a bit better, chewing gum as that is also supposed to help with concentration and packed my law books. I listened to some Buddhist chanting while riding down there on my bike. The sun was out, the light was bright and there was a winterfeeling in the air hmmmmmmmmmm not a bad day for an exam…..i thought.

While dreaming away and enjoying the ride it all looked perfect. I should have known it was too good to be true. The first thing that went wrong was that my watch was 5 minuts behind, so quickly I found a place and checked if that was the exam from the law department. So it was. I was installing myself for a 3 hours writing session, putting my ink jar out, Ink jar? Yes ink jar I like to write with old fashioned ink that you can suck into your fountain pen. Its probabely some strange fetish but It just writes nices. I also have a lucky fountain pen, a bright blue Cross pen, it writes great and the idea of making an exam without that pen is just unthinkable! I was writing down my name and studentnumber and checked if the exam was complete so it was. Hm while reading the first question it struck me how much easier these questions were to the previous exam hm and different….strange and while staring at the paper with the invitation to come to the discussion of the exam, I suddenly saw it. Was this just a bad dream, me hallucinating because of lack of sleep? Hm I am afraid not. Well the exam had just started. Istuck my finger in the air and one of the people who babysit us during exams came up to me, she had just been at my table and crossed my name on the list. Do you want more paper she asked? Ehhhhhhhh no not really I replayed, eh i need the other exam maybe I am in the wrong part of the hall…. I need to do exam such and such..my face turning more red every second not to mention the upcoming feeling of panic. Somebody hissed at me: that exam is on Wednesday….She was smiling well I guess it was rather funny if you are not me. !!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady went to fetch a teacher. Then I could explain my problem once more. There he was, he was most surprised but very friendly. Almost laughing this is most unussual he said. Yeh I bet it is. I kept repeating that it was so stupid and that I had checked the night before. This course had two versions of which you had to choose one; there is only a minor diffence in the name tja. You can do this one if you like he said oh yeh you did not prepare it. That is right, i wish I had ,the questions looked much easier and more intresting! He went away to make some phonecalls to get me on the list of the Wednesday exam.pffffffffff the lady came back to me and said well now you have to wait and sit here thinking about your sins for 30minutes… (That is a rule to prevent fraude you cannot leave the exam in the first 30min). The teacher returned saying that he had phoned the education information centre and they wanted me down there with a copy of the email the sent me confirming that I had signed myself in for this exam. I thanked the teacher and ran off.


 

Telling myself to look at it from the bright side now I had more time to prepare! At least I did not miss the exam… I printed out the paper they had requested and inmediately went to the office at the law department. After waiting for a while, it was my turn. They told me it was a lot of paperwork but for this time only they would do it. Big relieve. It took a while but then it was done, the lady said it is possible something goes wrong and your name is not on the list. It should be but it might not. I could just invisione it all go wrong but then the lady wrote a very official looking letter stamping it with an impressively big stamp saying this should do the trick.

Relieved I went home. In the evening, there was liondance and demonstrations in the Who Ping restaurent to celebrate Chinese New Year. That was really nice to see and do. It is always good fun. Yesterday I made the exam. What a relieve it is over. Because of all the study work, I cannot attend most of the demo's and New Year performances. I wish I could but unfortunately, I cannot. Well back to work now, Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

This Bird Rules!

Peonyflowers and Roses

The Summerpalace 1

The Summerpalace 2

Tian Tan video

Yang 24 form at the Dutch TaiCHi Federation open Championships

chen 24 form at the Dutch TaiChi Federation open Championships

Chen style TaiChi 24 form

visitors